Fun Facts and Figures
|Rogers Centre is an all-star location for all events.|
|The retractable roof is one of the many
spectacular features of the building.
How Big Is It?
- The entire Rogers Centre development is 12.7 acres (5.14 hectares)
- There are 143,000 square feet of exhibit space on field level
- Volume inside with roof closed is 56.5 million cubic feet (1.6 million cubic meters)
- The diameter of the building is 700 feet
- All seats are a generous size with 32 to 33 inches between the seat back and the chair ahead
- The building itself is 11.5 acres (4.66 hectares)
- The ceiling height is 310 feet
The Retractable Roof
- The world’s first fully retractable roof opens or closes in 20 minutes
- The roof rises to a height of 86 meters (282 feet), high enough for a 31 storey building at centre field with the roof closed.
- The roof is made up of 4 sections which open in a smooth, circular motion
- The north panel remains stationary while the other three panels retract
- The roof covers 8 acres (3.2 hectares) and weighs 11,000 tonnes
Rogers Centre Videoboard
- All videoboards in Rogers Centre are LED displays that are capable of displaying 4.3 trillion colours
- The main board is 110' x 33' and one of the largest anywhere in the world
- The boards are only 2" thick
- If a ball were to strike part of the board during the game, and break it, that piece could be replaced instantly
Where can I sit?
There are five levels: 100 Level, 200 Level, 121 Luxury Suites on 300 and 400 Levels, and the Upper Deck
|Baseball||46,095 (not including Luxury Suite seats)|
|Football||46,470 (not including Luxury Suite seats)|
|Concerts||10,000 - 55,000|
- In 1992, Rogers Centre set the World Record for the greatest number of Hot Air Balloons in an enclosed area - 46 inflated Hot Air Balloons on the field!
- If one were to line-up all the hot dogs served at Rogers Centre in one year, the hot dogs would cover the distance of 3,241 stolen bases.
- They say "milk does a body good." Rogers Centre can hold a lot of milk for a lot of healthy people. It would take 1,56 billion litres of milk to completely fill Rogers Centre. Thirsty anyone?
- Eight 747 planes or 743 Indian Elephants or 516 African Elephants can comfortably fit on the Rogers Centre field when set in baseball mode.
- A 31-storey office building can fit inside Rogers Centre when the roof is closed.
What is there to eat?
With concessionaire partner ARAMARK, Rogers Centre has a variety of delectable food options available to guests while attending an event:
- Sightlines™ Restaurant is a two-tiered, 280 seat restaurant overlooking the field which is available to guests by reservation only at home Blue Jays games.
- Arriba is part of the Renaissance Hotel and overlooks centre field.
The following concession stands were opened to the public in 2009:
- Quaker Steak & Lube (@ section 134): the first location anywhere in Canada, guests are in for a treat with buckets of Buffalo wings, loaded fries and onion rings.
- Roundhouse Carvery and bar (@ section 122): located behind home plate, this destination features a signature carved sandwich – a “Keith’s Red” Roasted Top Sirloin of Beef.
- Muddy York Market (@ section 109): A fresh market concept that showcases popular fare inspired by Toronto’s diverse neighborhoods and cultures.