Fun Facts and Figures
How Big Is It?
- The entire Rogers Centre development is 12.7 acres (5.14 hectares)
- 143,000 square feet of exhibit space on field level
- Volume inside with roof closed is 56.5 million cubic feed (1.6 million cubic meters)
- The diameter of the building is 700 feet
- All seats are a generous size with 32 to 33 inches between the seatback and the chair ahead
- The building itself is 11.5 acres (4.66 hectares)
Rogers Centre is an all-star location for all events. The retractable roof is one of the many spectacular features of the building.
- The ceiling height is 310 feet
The Retractable Roof
- The roof rises to a height of 86 meters (282 feet), high enough for a 31 storey building at centre field with the roof closed.
- The roof is made up of 4 sections which open in a smooth, curcular motion
- The north panel remains stationary while the other three panels retract
- The world’s first fully retractable roof opens or closes in 20 minutes
- The roof covers 8 acres (3.2 hectares)
Rogers Centre Videoboard
- All videoboards in Rogers Centre are LED displays that are capable of displaying 4.3 trillion colours
- The main board is 110' x 33'
- The boards are only 2" thick
- If a ball were to strike part of the board during the game, and break it, that piece can be replaced while the game is still being played
Where can I sit?
There are five levels: 100 Level, 200 Level, 95 Luxury Suites on 300 and 400 Levels, and the Upper Deck.
|Concerts||10,000 - 55,000|
- In 1992, Rogers Centre set the World Record for the greatest number of Hot Air Balloons in an enclosed area - 46 inflated Hot Air Balloons on the field!
- If one were to line-up all the hot dogs served at Rogers Centre in one year, the hot dogs would cover the distance of 3,241 stolen bases.
- They say "milk does a body good." Rogers Centre can hold a lot of milk for a lot of healthy people It would take 1,56 billion litres of milk to completely fill Rogers Centre. Thirsty anyone?
- Aside from being home to two professional sport teams, the Toronto Blue Jays (MLB) and the Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Rogers Centre is also the proud home of the largest electric guitar in North America. Conveniently located within the Hard Rock Café, on the 300 level of the stadium, this is a stop you’ll want to make the next time you’re at Rogers Centre.
- Eight 747 planes or 743 Indian Elephants or 516 African Elephants can comfortably fit on the Rogers Centre field when set in baseball mode.
- A 31-storey office building can fit inside Rogers Centre when the roof is closed.
What’s to eat?
- WindowsTM: a 400 seat fine-dining restaurant overlooking the field
- SightlinesTM Restaurant: two-tiered, 280 seat restaurant overlooking the field
- Arriba: 210 seat restaurant overlooking the field from the Hotel
- The Hard Rock Café: overlooking the field
- Numerous concession stands and beer outlets